The Director-Portfolio Management will oversee and drive results for an assigned portfolio of assets in Northern California with a focus on creating value. Working amongst senior leadership, as well as leasing, operations, repositioning and investment teams to formulate asset strategies, this position is also responsible for underwriting investment opportunities, and analyzing complex capital and leasing decisions. They will also be responsible for the combining of external market data with internal portfolio data into actionable intelligence and clear points of view. With analytical support, the Director-Portfolio Management will utilize financial models and perform reporting, analysis and presentations to support the strategic planning process, capital planning, acquisitions and dispositions. Alongside the regional team, the Director-Portfolio Management will help implement the business plans to meet the financial performance goals and target returns for all assets within the assigned portfolio. Though our focus is predominately office, experience with and a curiosity around all product types is an advantage in this role.
EQ Office focuses on all aspects of owning, operating and managing office communities. While other real estate owners talk about square footage and floor plans, we focus on the experience—how space feels, activates, and performs. At EQ, we partner with business leaders to find, design, and manage balanced workspaces that inspire talent. We’re proud to work hand-in-hand with organizations of all sizes (from Fortune 100 companies to emerging startups) to bring humanity back to the workplace.
For more information, visit us at: www.eqoffice.com.
Essential Job Functions
• 5 – 10 years of proven portfolio/asset management background within commercial real estate
• Undergraduate degree in business or related field
• Extensive experience working with senior management, investors, tenants, and brokers in the Bay Area
• Knowledge of local commercial real estate, very strong networking skills and relationships within the industry
• Ability to think and act strategically with experience analyzing leasing and investment decisions; extensive working knowledge of Argus software
• Strong business and financial acumen with previous experience working in team environments managing projects and overseeing investment professionals
• Knowledge of real estate concepts, investment analysis and property management and leasing issues as well as a strong ability to research, analyze and draw conclusions on operational issues
• Extensive background preparing financial reports and communicating results
• The ability to read and interpret lease agreements, purchase and sale agreements, partnership agreements, ground leases and their strategic implications is required as well as a thorough knowledge of partnership structures and preferential returns
• Experience analyzing and gathering competitive market information and establishing performance benchmarks and best practices
• Strong leadership and supervisory capability coupled with excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to work independently, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines are all requirements for this position
• Consensus builder with collaborative approach possessing the ability to influence others without formal authority
• Exceptional leadership and supervisory potential
• MBA preferred